MORTuary TECHNICIAN & Transfer Assistant
Pettigrew Family Funerals require's a full time Mortuary Technician to join their family owned business. The person we are seeking to fill this role of Mortuary Technician will possess the essential criteria:
- A high level of empathy - an ability to put people at ease
- Eye For Detail
- Self Starter with great time management skills
- Team Player with great interpersonal skills
- Clear and direct communication skills
- Physically fit
- Knowledge of Human Anatomy
- Ability to meet and communicate with grieving families
- An ability to remain calm and maintain composure under stressful circumstances
- To be able to work to a schedule, but flexible enough to understand the schedule can change
- To maintain in all matters the highest standards of business, professional and personal conduct.
- Assist in bringing the deceased into our care from private homes and hospitals, whilst always respecting the deceased, their family and hospital staff.
- Mortuary preparation of the deceased for a viewing with the utmost care, dignity and respect.
- To work as part of a successful, caring and compassionate team.
- To liaise with suppliers and other industry professionals with respect.
- Treating the many cultural differences with sensitivity and respect.
- To ensure all legal and official documents are completed with accuracy in a timely manner.
- To respect in all circumstances, the confidentiality and trust of client families and staff.
- After hours and weekend work is mandatory. (1 in 4-5 weekends on-call. Any after hours work will receive monetary compensation)
Please note a background in the funeral industry is not essential.
If you believe you are the perfect applicant for this position, please personally deliver your resume and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role, on Thursday, 7th June 2018 between 5:15pm - 6:15pm to The Chapel, 12 Harris Street, Wallsend.