“Can You Make A Difference?"
The role of a Funeral Arranger is a demanding, yet rewarding position where you will assist families with emotional support whilst arranging and conducting the funeral service to suit the dynamics of the family, ensuring they are able to celebrate their loved ones life in their own special way.
To meet the family and oversee the funeral planning process with the successful completion of the funeral service. To liaise with the funeral participants; including the florist, celebrant or clergy, cemetery and/or crematorium, graphic designers, catering staff, etc.
The following list is a breakdown of the responsibilities:
- To maintain in all matters the highest standards of business, professional and personal conduct.
- To ensure all legal and official documents are completed with accuracy in a timely manner.
- Assist in bringing the deceased into our care from private homes and hospitals, whilst always respecting the deceased, their family and hospital staff.
- Treating the many cultural differences with sensitivity, dignity and respect.
- To work as part of a successful, caring and compassionate team.
- To liaise with suppliers and other industry professionals with respect.
- To respect in all circumstances, the confidentiality and trust of client families and staff.
- After hours and weekend work is mandatory. (1 in 4-5 weekends on-call and 1 week day overnight on-call. Any after hours work will receive monetary compensation)
- A high level of empathy - an ability to put people at ease
- Outstanding people skills
- Professional manner in both attitude and presentation
- Excellent communication skills orally and written
- Team Player with great interpersonal skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Physically fit
- An ability to remain calm and maintain composure under stressful circumstances
- To be able to work to a schedule, but flexible enough to understand the schedule can change
Please note a background in the funeral industry is not essential.
If you believe you are the perfect applicant for this position,
please personally deliver your resume and cover letter explaining why you are suitable for this role on:
Wednesday, 4th or Tuesday, 10th October 2017 between 5pm - 6:30pm
to Memories Function Centre, 4-6 Charles Street, Wallsend (opposite our Wallsend Chapel).